Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Alive and Kicking

we spoke.
i was inebriated
you were well...
the usual pleasantries
the mindless banter
the usual cribs
about not writing
not calling. Not whatever
(Friday Night Nothings)

except...
Your interview was
The beginning of a meaning
In your new life- and of
Utmost Importance


and another revelation
however, mild
that you now read
THIS BLOG
the word was just "Yep"
but I am sure I felt
your moist fingertips caress
my face, and stoke
smokerings of my mind

And now when I post anything which has even an oblique reference to you, I am reminded of a song from my childhood-

“Bhalo Achhi, Bhalo Theko; Aaakasher Thikanaye Chhiti lekho”

Translated from Bengali-

(No, I know what happened when I tried being babelfish last time around.)


Just.

For you:

============================================================
But be, as you have been, my happiness... Randall Jarell (1914-1965)

============================================================