Monday, January 30, 2006

More Movies...

I saw Under the Tuscan Sun yesterday. It came recommended... And I can imagine why women would like it so much. The idea that no man is indispensible in the life of a woman must have its charms. Love is fungible. Frankly, I was not too impressed by the plot/ storyline/ characters etc- except for the fact that it happened to someone in real life. Of course, the cinmatography is so cool. Lovely Italian countryside- I had forgotten how beautiful it was. Just wondering- do women handle divorce/ infidelity better than men?

I had a movie heavy weekend. Most of my regular drinking buddies were out of town, so I just clung to various groups of people who were around. Saw Narnia, Rang De Basanti, and then Tuscan late last night.

I thought Rang De was really good. And not just for the reasons that people seem to like it for. Of course, the first half is really really cool. It brings back beautiful memories of Delhi - especially since it is mostly shot right next to my school of 12 years . The production quality is awesome, locations brilliant, the switches from the sepia to colour I think are smartly handled, the use of foreshadowing is also quite cool- albeit a bit overdone. The end was desparately concocted, but I frankly don't see any other manner which could have satisfied the audience. And then of course, at the end I left the hall thinking What the hell I am doing with my life... And that's something I haven't felt in a long time after a movie (may be Hazaaron...).

Narnia was ok. It felt like watching LOTR which came in a white box reading for under 11 year olds. I think I need to do NZ sooner rather than later. Saw it with a friend whose been there once and wants to go again.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Anonym said...

I agree...Rang De is really good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home